Bus 783 – Airport Henri Coanda – Bucharest (center)
This is an express bus line, operated by RATB (public service) that runs between Henri Coanda Airport and downtown (Union Square). This bus service is a service 24h / day.
The trip usually takes about 45-50 minutes in either directions. If rush hour, the journey could take easily more even 1.15 h.
Tickets are actually magnetic cards. Tourists mostly used Multiple called blue card. 2 travel card costs 7 lei + card cost 1.6 lei. Aprox 2 Euro/ person/ 2 way.
You can not buy a card with only one travel cards are issued with minimum 2 and maximum 10 trips trips. This type of card is rechargeable and can not use trips with friends and family.
When traveling from Henri Coanda Airport to the city center you can buy this card at the ticket machine or ticket counter located exactly in the bus station.
The bus stop is on the lower floor, on the ground floor near the entrance of Internal Arrivals terminal (from the International Arrivals, walk down the stairs and follow the signs to reach Arrivals Interior and then exit the building).
When you travel from Union Square to the airport, there is a ticket counter just in the bus station. Map
Union Square is the end of the line and there have ties to the underground (lines: M1, M2, M3), buses, taxis, etc.
When traveling from Henri Coanda Airport to the city center, bus stops are:
0. Henri Coanda Airport (Airport – Arrivals Terminal)
1. Henri Coanda Airport (Airport – Terminal Departures)
2. Henri Coanda Airport (Bus Station is on DN1, near the road to the airport)
4. Hall Otopeni
6. Passage CFR Otopeni
7. Alley Privighetorilor
8. Meteorological Institute
9. Baneasa Airport
10. Pod Baneasa
11. Press House (bus connections)
13. Piata Victoriei (connection to metro M1, M2 / Bus)
14. Romanian Market (M2 metro connections / Bus)
15. Market December 21, 1989 (University Square, connections M2 metro / bus)
16. Piata Unirii 1 (Union Square – Subway connections M1, M2, M3 / Bus)
February 17. Union Square (Piata Unirii – Subway connections M1, M2, M3 / Bus)
More information about racing schedule and route here.
When you travel from city center to Henri Coanda Airport, bus stops are:
0. 2 Union Square (Piata Unirii – Subway connections M1, M2, M3 / Bus)
1. University (connections with metro M2 / Bus)
2. Romanian Market (M2 metro connections / Bus)
3. Piata Victoriei (connection to metro M1, M2 / Bus)
4. Arc de Triomphe (bus connections)
5. Press Square (bus connections)
6. Pod Baneasa
7. Baneasa Airport
8. Meteorological Institute
9. Alley Privighetorilor
10. Passage CFR Otopeni
12. Hall Otopeni
14. Henri Coanda Airport (Airport – Terminal Departures)
15. Henri Coanda Airport (Airport – Arrivals Terminal)
Note: You must purchase the card before boarding the bus because you can not buy tickets from the driver. If you are already in Bucharest in mind that some of the bus stops along the route may not have ticket counters, so you better buy this card in advance.
To validate the journey after board the vehicle, locate a validator orange with a blue LCD screen on it. Tap the orange card validator indicated on and you will hear a beep indicating validation trip. One long beep means it was a mistake and have to try again.
If you forget to validate your journey, you can be fined 50 lei.
For more information about schedules or bus route 783, please visit: Bus 783 www.ratb.ro and choose from the left menu.